SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedwoman

What is it with Front Page?

weedwoman
19 years ago

I am taking over the maintenance of the web page of a non-profit I do volunteer work for. I don't know much - yet - and am sort of hacking my way through the changes immediately needed on the site - updating events, staff list, etc. The place that hosts the site has an html editor and I've used it to make text changes; however, I need something more user friendly to make new pages or larger changes to existing pages.

I have MS Front Page and have downloaded pages from the website, edited them, and then used the upload feature of the host site to put the page back on the website, with some success (and some problems). However, I spoke to one of the tech people at our host site and he said you could use Front Page but it could cause problems because you needed extensions or something.

What is it with Front Page? Can someone give me a quick, basic description of why it would cause problems? What are extensions? Why are extensions? What kind of problems are we talking about? I may not end up using Front Page for the long term, but right now I just need a fast, available way to get things fixed on the existing website without making things worse than they are.

Thanks.

WW

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!