Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Theming using an external CSS stylesheet.

Posted by chuggerguy (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 1:38

This thread is styled externally using CSS (Cascading Style Sheet). Basically, what you see here is hopefully close to what I see throughout GW.

For anyone who happens to be running Firefox and prefers the look of this thread to the basic GW style, you can, if you wish...

(1) Add the Firefox extension Stylish.

(2) Install this userstyle.

What "Stylish" does is allow the user to apply their own(or a pre-written) set of styling rules to a web page, giving you more control over what you see, and especially how you see it.

After you install Stylish, you can easily find where it says "Find styles for this site...". If you do that while on GW, you'll find the ones I wrote.

I wrote this for my own simple tastes, to kill time, and to learn new things. I can't guarantee it will suit you, if it does not, it's every bit as quick and easy to remove as it is to add.

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Fri, Mar 14, 14 at 2:05

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Trying out the new HTML5 video tag.

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 5:13

o
RE: Theming using an external CSS stylesheet.

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 16:04

o

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 0:56

o
Just for fun.

Show of the day...

Should change a little past midnight each day.

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 22:59

o

I love Linux and the power it gives me to script. Not that it can't be done in Windows, I just don't know how.

Right click a video, select "converttohtml5" and the script does the rest. Makes an appropriately named folder, produces the appropriate media files, rsyncs the folder to my server, hands me the code to post it, and cleans up afterwards.

Can't really see what's happening in the video unless you go full screen.

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 16:43

o
Playing with my uploader

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 14:49

o

moved again

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Tue, Aug 26, 14 at 3:29

o
Still working in "multi-mood"?

removed

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 2:21

o
More multi

removed

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 2:22

o
hoveruploader thingy again

Removed

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 2:13

o
Trying :active again.

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 23:49

o
Testing?

Capture is Linux Lite on the computer I just put together. I like simplicity and I suppose it shows. Low budget system, not impressive but compared to my netbook and other ancients, it's snappy fast.

Mostly uploaded the image to make sure my server, which I transfered from my very old Compaq to my "soon to be but not quite yet" old Acer, has the necessary extensions/programs/permissions to resize images, etc.

My Compaq wasn't doing well for reasons I don't quite understand. Maybe I'll put Linux Lite on it, or CentOS, or... just rob it of SATA cables, HD's etc. and retire it. Already got the burner. :)

o
Getting started with Internet Explorer 11

deleted

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 22:17

o
Way back when I thought I had figured out how to grow tomatoes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here