Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using HTML in Email

Posted by PoohBear2767 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 02 at 1:15

How do I get HTML commands to work in Email.
I have tried some simple commands and sent Email to myself but nothing works.
What do I need to do to get HTML to work in my Emails.
I want to add links and pictures and change the background color and stuff like that.
Can someone here give me good clear instructions.
Thanks a lot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using HTML in Email

PoohBear, what email program are you using, they don't all work the same ?

With Outlook Express, all you have to do is click in the message window, where you want the gif, then use 'Insert/Picture' to add a gif/picture, to your message. Or, 'Format/Background' to add a background....

Joy

o

I use Outlook Express 6.0
I use Insert/Picture a lot when sending pictures.
I know how to put in an address and make it a hotlink.
I want to know how to make a hot link and name it like can be done on a HTML page.
I can also type in my Email address and it will be a hotlink.
I want to know how to make an Email link and name it like can be done on a HTML page.
Or make Clickable pictures that lead to another page.
Things like that.
Thanks.

o

1. In Outlook Express, under Tools, Options, "Send" tab, make sure that HTML is selected for outgoing mail.

2. On your own web site, create the html page that you want to send.

3. Using your browser, go and visit that page on the website.

4. In your browser, click File, Send, Page by E-Mail.

That'll do it!
Cheers,
JoJo

o

Hi JoJo,
I never thought of doing that it that way. Good Idea.
I am wondering tho, as I am typing an Email can I make HTML commands work in it. Instead of opening my web page maker and making a page and then sending it.
Or is that the only way to do it.
Thanks so much for the idea tho.
I never would have thought of that.

o

Yes you can I do it all the time. Go to view and make sure sorce edit is checked. You have to be in rich text mode. Then click on the sorce tab at the bottom. This is where you put the HTML commands. Make sure to view them in the preview because some affect won't show up in the edit window but make sure you are in edit when you send it or you'll get a error message.

o

Awesome! Is there any way to do this in Outlook 2000 ?

--JoJo

o

Also make sure your java-script is above the text you are writing or when you type it will mess up your java-script. There is some way to put a line in the edit mode and text above it saying type below this line that will not show up in the email you send but I don't know how to do this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here