SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knash6

Website hosting problems, please help! :)

knash6
20 years ago

Greetings!

I hope someone, anyone, can help me. I'm desperate. I was hosting my site over at godaddy.com and decided to switch to Homestead.com So I made the necessary changes at godaddy to just park my site there until I received the DNS info from Homestead. Well.....Homestead tells me they don't have DNS numbers perse but that I have to, and I quote:

Add www.mydomainname.com IN CNAME websites.homestead.com

Okay, So I wrote godaddy and asked them where I should type this in and they told me where to type it in but that if there were any problems after that, they couldn't help me. Well, there's a problem. My registrar isn't pointing to my domain at homestead.

Is anyone familiar with this and/or have you ever had to do it and if so, can you please give me some insight? I'm so peeved I'm ready to blow my brains out. I paid enough $$ to both sites that I can't believe either one won't help me. I want my domain over at Homestead because I'm html illiterate and I love Homestead's website builder - it's so easy and amazing. If you are in the know and can help, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz