Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I disable source view or hide my html source

Posted by
Rohit
(rohitk@infopage.co.nz) on
Thu, Feb 10, 00 at 6:45

Any one knows how to disable source view or how to hide my html source.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I disable source view or hide my html source

Its not possible. But what you can do, is open your HTML page in a text editor and shift all your code way down the page...but its pointless.

o

yeah..

if its HTML, it pretty much can be viewed/stolen

o

• Posted by
    Fabrizio Ricciarelli
    (ric@theta.it) on
    Tue, Feb 22, 00 at 5:24

Try using two distinct HTML files: on the first one write your "to be hide" code and, on the second one, call the first one using the #include clause (you can found more explanations about this clause on the web).

o

Do you really think your html coding is that important? well there is a java script for no right click if you dont want anyone to save your images. And you can use CSS web pages to hide some of the coding. Even better now is that you can put encoding on your pages so if you catch someone using your "copyrighted" stuff, you can prove they took it from you.

James

o

I'd like to know how the following site hides its HTML....

www.bejewelled.net

The screen enlarges and covers up the entire Netscape browser...right click, of course, is disabled

o
RE: Correction

Sorry, that addy should be:

www.bejewelled.net/suites.html

o

Hi,
I don't know what browser you are exactly using,
but when using IE5.01 or even NN 4.03 I have no trouble at all looking at the source. OK the page uses frames to display other pages, but this shouldn't bother any one of viewing the HTML content of those pages.
As already stated before, HTML can not be hidden, since it is an essential part of the page. HTML tags are "commands" needed for the browser to read the page and display it appropriately

o

Hi, every body
I need a program that I can read HTML code for any page in net.. Is any one to help me?... please mail h_zandi@yahoo.com

Best regards
Hadi

o

You can't. The browser needs the HTML to render the page and there is no way to disable the view source item in the menu. And no-right-click scripts are dishonest, show arrogance, and are worthless because a view source item is usually in the Edit menu, which does not need to be right-clicked.

o

They have scripts that will scramble your code. Just insert your code into the box, hit scramble and copy the scrambled code to your webpage.

When you do a View Source, your code will be jibberish, but the system recognizes the commands.

Only trouble is that you will have to paste the scrambled code back into the decoder in order to work on it again.

o

Yeah those right click and combined left click are all useless, the only way is to use Flash, even if you cant get view source you can use a bot to get the info.

o

server-side includes, if the server supports it!

o

Microsoft Front Page = Source codes!
Netscape Composer = Source codes!

IE V6.0 can still view source codes!

so is it really worth hiding? hm.

Two simple ways are:

1) Use http://www.angelfire.com/geek/esfiles/ to generate your image into java applet. NO Right Click Here :)

2) Use flash to generate design. No More Source Code Here :)

Ever wonder "too easy" is right under your sleeve :)

Ever wonder to pay or not to pay :)

In conclude if you know how to use Microsoft word, then it should be a walk in the park :)

o

++++Update----

You can't hide anything online!

However, you can make it harder to steal, but, this only work for newbie!

1) At www.swishzone.com you can build flash without knowing flash, very simple, and yes, you can even crack it!

2) Source codes are everywhere, you can hide it, but then there will always be another site out there. "if you are good at it, then why bother to hide!"

3) Even if you put it in css or jsp people can still download the whole thing and open it.

4) If i want to steal a picture, I can use the printscreen command on my keyboard!

So there is nothing to hide alright!

Now email me if you want to make money online :)

o

Offcourse you can make your website in word, because the code is very complicated :)

o

Got a link to check out, done like that? :)

o

It is true: the source becomes very blurry because of the use of xml and styles and such. But still readeble, and still clear enough to get the links to pics or what so ever...

Niels.

o

Folks, using server side includes doesn't hide the code. The output to the browser contains everything on the page, including whatever was included. In other words, the file gets included then sent to the browser, so when you view source, you do NOT see the "include" statement -- you DO see the actual file which was included.

Cheers,
JoJo

o

Why would you want to hide your source code?

Unless you are claiming something new and want to grab the intellectual rights to it, that is.

The Internet exists because MOST people want to freely disseminate information throughout the world.

That's how we keep the Saddam Hussein's, Hitler's, and George Bush's from ruling the world.

Hiding source code is in the realm of large corporations and governments.

o

Please- because I am so computer dumb....I saw your post.
Why would you hide your html?
Is it because someone could steal/hack?
Is it because you don't want someone to know the origin of the site or email?
Or is this something else?
I thought that anything you put into a site/email/computer could be retrieved- that it can always be tracked.
Just learning. Thanks

o

Posted by trubbadubbadoo (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 08 at 0:36

Why would you want to hide your source code?

Unless you are claiming something new and want to grab the intellectual rights to it, that is.

The Internet exists because MOST people want to freely disseminate information throughout the world.

That's how we keep the Saddam Hussein's, Hitler's, and George Bush's from ruling the world.

Hiding source code is in the realm of large corporations and governments.

Kinda the way I feel too. Ironically, that encrypted page would likely be served by Apache.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here