Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
web pages in Microsoft Word

Posted by dcrowex (dcrowex@aol.com) on
Sun, Feb 15, 04 at 4:56

I am doing a very simple web page, have a few jpgs on it, etc, but I was doing it in Microsoft Word and "saving as a web page". When I click preview as a web page, it comes up fine.

Now I am trying to upload it - I have not uploaded a web page since back in the day when we did our own HTML and I used WS FTP at the time. I looked at some examples and it looks like its gotten a little more complex.

Should I still try the WSFTP? Did I do it the hard way by doing it in Word? Its been so long, I find I am a lot more clueless than what i thought i would be.

thanks for any tips.
deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: web pages in Microsoft Word

Depends on whether the site you are using allows FTP or not.

o
RE: web pages in Microsoft Word

Deb, I use WS FTP and find it very user friendly. I'm assuming that your file is now an htm or html file, and that you have webspace. Then all you have to do is upload your file to your server.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here