Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Creating Backgrounds

Posted by mac72 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 8, 02 at 14:54

Hello! I have a question regarding designing backgrounds for your webpages. I use Paint Shop Pro and quite honestly I don't know much about it. All I really know is how to bring up a picture, crop the area I want and then "convert it to a seamless pattern". This is what I am trying to figure out:
I have a pattern that I made that I want to use as a background on my site. I don't want the background "tiled" (where the pattern repeats itself) I want the whole pattern to cover the whole page.
Have I made any sense? LOL!
The link to the pattern I made is listed below. As you can see by looking at it, the pattern repeats itself. I don't want that "second column" to appear, I want it to be a full page of:

RED0000000000000000000000000WHITE0000000000000000000000000BLUE

How can I fix that?
THANKS!!
Mac

Here is a link that might be useful: My pattern

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Creating Backgrounds

I just copied it and opened it up, select Resize - ex. 800x600 and re-save it.

o

Dale, ONCE AGAIN you've came to my rescue! I really appreciate it!!

THANKS!!
Mac

o

Your Welcome and no problem.

o

From the looks of the picture i saw, why dont you want it to tile? you can make a much smaller file size by making the image 800 pixels wide and 25 pixels high. It will load a lot faster than an 800 x 600. Since it is only colors and not images you will not be able to tell the difference. Also making the image with a higher pixel count(say 150 to 300) and a jpg would give you a much better blend of the colors.

JamesS

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here