Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is there a free e-mail out there?

Posted by vinh (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 28, 12 at 14:39

i'm looking for an alternative to the various 'free' e-mail providers that send ads, track my movement, scan my e-mails for key words & gear their banner ads toward those key words, etc. does anyone know of a truly free e-mail? thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is there a free e-mail out there?

There's an old saying, some say it is Norwegian - TANSTAAFL.

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Any paid ISP is probably doing the same thing. The best thing to do is install ad blocking software. Won't stop whomever from tracking you interests but at least you won't have to look at the ads.

o

create text file for your message. zip with password. give your relatives and friends the password by phonecall.

password encrypt with 7zip. and shows how to verify (before you send) that you can open with password.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=osdUqxd1Yrs

there's also gpg to work with your email software. i have not yet tried (shame, shame)

afaik, unencrypted email can be read as "plain text" ("in the clear").
unencrypted webmail can be read.

o

I have used and loved incredimail free for years, since it hit the internet! great for creative ppl, no boring e-mails

o

There's free, disposable emails services out there. This will let you receive email from a variety of places in a anonymous way without being tracked. But, you can't send it anonymously. Still, it's a great alternative to give out this email address without free of being tracked. http://mailinator.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: http://mailinator.com/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here