SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Newbie- Opinion Virtro? advertising company- max search engines

lynnalexandra
16 years ago

I am so new to this it's scary. I'm a psychologist and know I need to develop a website - which is taking time to decide on content that will draw clients and still have professional integrity. I think I will ultimately hire a web designer for that (I'm appalled at the therapist websites I see - very amateurish).

My question now is about advertising companies which offer to manage your web presence by maintaining a page - with words and whatever else they do to optimize appearing at the top of searches by google, yahoo and msn. I had some vague familiarity that I might hire somebody to help me with google words for my website. But this seems easier for an overwhelmed newbie - to even start before my website is developed.

I got cold called by this company Virtro (www.virtro.com) - offering me to be their exclusive client for whichever zip codes I choose (which cost $15-$60 per zip code - perhaps a range from $200-300/month depending on how many zips I choose). I would be this company's only client for those zip codes. (No contract - I could cancel any time.) Of course, there are doubtless many competing companies doing this for their clients as well.

I like the sound of this service - but I know nothing about how many companies do this, what costs are reasonable, whether there are some companies that are better to hire than others (either bc. they're more effective or cost less) - or whether this entire idea is a rip-off.

Please - any advice is welcomed. I've been overwhelmed at this whole establishing-a-web-presence idea since first contemplating it in June.

Thanks.

Lynn.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES