Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Internet polls?

Posted by MaryAnnTX (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 30, 03 at 8:01

I'm interested in putting a poll or voting window on a webpage. The kind that gives you the option to vote for 1 out of 3 or 4 choices. You submit and then it brings up a page with the total of the votes so far. I know how to make forms, but I'm thinking that I may need a special program or something for this. Can anyone help me out?
TIA
MaryAnn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Internet polls?

It all depends on your ISP. check their help pages.

If they offer polls as a feature, it's fairly easy.

If they don't, you are into seriously geekish territory and probably should reconsider.

o

Thanks lazygardens! I'll check with my isp, although they are a small local company. They probably don't offer polls.

o

There are some available thoguht third party avenues. For instance, Yahoo Groups offer polls for members, there are other sites which probably offer a poll as a table or page that inclded one of thier banners.

o

You can get free forms..Polls, etc., from http://www.bravenet.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Bravenet

o

Thanks for all the suggestions. Peggy, I registered at Bravenet. That was exactly the type of poll I was searching for.
Thanks again!

o

You're welcome, MaryAnn. If you have a popup blocker, better turn it on when visiting Bravenet cause they sure do have a lot of them. LOL

o

MaryAnn, me again. We have used Bravenet polls on our website as well.....they worked prefectly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here