Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you create your own hit counter?

Posted by mac72 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 5, 02 at 2:53

I've been to several sites that have graphics on their hit counters. However, I have yet to find a hitcounter with a sunflower on it. I found a sunflower graphic and I would like to use on a hit counter. I'd like to have say a line of 5 sunflowers with a number in the middle of each one. Do I need any special software to do this? Can anyone explain to me how to do this?
THANKS!!
Mac

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you create your own hit counter?

Well, you would have to store the stats, and also use cookies to do the counting, I think you might check into an ASP,PERL or a PHP script for this. You may find a hosted counter and check if you can add in your graphics, keeping thier name in place if its on the counter, hosted counters are much better...you get very good details on where the hits are coming from, users res browser used screen size and much more...free one like that at this link

Here is a link that might be useful: GOODIES

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here