Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cable or Satellite.

Posted by algaemaster (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 07 at 17:51

I have Comcast digital cable right now with HD and am happy with all but the price. Is satellite an improvement? And what are the weather issues with satellite. I am in Houston so in the summer you are guaranteed a thunderstorm a week. What about signal?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cable or Satellite.

We dropped Comcast years ago, because of the poor quality signal on local stations and even what they got off the satellite. They came out twice and said the signal level met their specs. So that's when we went to Directv and have had few, if any, problems.
I don't know if Directv or Dish will be any cheaper than what you're paying for cable now. The link below will let you figure what it will cost you with Directv. New subscribers can usually get a pretty good deal. The receivers are leased and there's usually a 2 year commitment.
Being in Houston, you'll need a clear shot to the south at about 45 degrees above the horizon for both Directv and Dish. If the dish is properly aligned, and that's very important, you shouldn't have too much trouble with thunderstorms.

Here is a link that might be useful: Directv

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here