Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
speaker not working update- can't fix - help

Posted by stash-hdy (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 9, 09 at 14:22

The left side of the my outdoor speakers do not work when the speaker selector box is in a horizontal position. It works when I have the selector pulled out and down to check the connections but when I slide it back in place the speaker does not work. I changed out the wire to the left speaker yesterday and that did not resolve the issue. I also moved the speaker wires to an unused set of terminals and that did not resolve the issue. Acts the same. Installed new pin connectors and that did not resolve the issue. Talked to selector box tech support and they could not see a reason for the box failing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: speaker not working update- can't fix - help

Check the left side with your new wire and speaker on the right side.

You want to ensure that the left new wire and speaker work.

If the left speaker works on the right side, then it could very well be the speaker box, then chase down the warranty; or take it in for exchange where you bought it.
hth

o
RE: speaker not working update- can't fix - help

I switched the wires and the speakers are good. The right side of the speaker terminals on the selector box do not work in the horizontal position no matter what wires are connected. I have contacted the box vendor and they will send me a replacement.

Thanks, hopefully this will fix the issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here