Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
power recliners for movie theater

Posted by badin (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 23, 07 at 13:12

We're buying a new house due to a recent medical crisis, and have to consider all of our physical limitations when choosing furniture. An early Christmas gift from a relative will pay for some or all of the seating for a media room, which must have the power recline option.

I looked at LZB, and got a quote for 4 of their power recliners (2 end chairs, loveseat config. & 2 small wedge tables.) Online, I saw some Paliser power recliners in similar configurations from a co. called furnitureblue. Their total was about 3/4 of the local store's, and included delivery and a 5 yr. extended warranty. They also claim to deliver in 4 - 6 weeks, vs. 10 wks. for our local LZB store. I'm hesitant to make such a purchase online, but would appreciate the savings in both cost and time.

Has anyone here bought from furnitureblue, or from any other online dealer of Paliser, Berkline, or other similar leather & leather match home theater recliners? As much as I'd love to test for comfort before buying, it was very tough to just make that one brief stop at LZB, as we've yet to find nurses available for the times dh & Ineed to be away from home. Thanks for your advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: power recliners for movie theater

It really is a risk to buy a recliner without having tried it, especially if you have special needs. I would contact the merchant and ask what their return policy is. If they accept returns, it might be worth trying, even if you have to pay for return shipping. By the way, you should not have to pay anything, or very little, for shipping to you. And make sure it's "white glove" delivery, which means they unwrap and place the items where you want them. Otherwise you might get stuck with the items delivered only in front of your house, and have to arrange separately for their placement where you want them.

o

We have purchased 2 love seats from Berkline, with the electric power and the Buttkickers.

We started out wanting leather,but with the air conditioning, the leather can be cold during the summer months; so we decided to get microsuade instead.
The very best you can do is try the seats first, very important to do this. I found that some of the companies that you have mentioned are inferior seats (imo) to the Berkline.

o

In case anyone else is looking for HT seating, we ended up buying power leather recliners from Haverty's. Initially, I ordered a four seat/two wedge table configuration (two armless chairs form a loveseat in the middle)for the upper tier. Later, I added a 3 seat/2 wedge unit for the lower tier. They are extremely comfortable and everyone has loved them. Usually I do not buy furniture warranties, but I made an exception in this case because of the power feature. Even with that added expense, the total cost was less than LZB and delivery was much quicker. A visitor liked them so well that he bought the same seats for his HT.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here