Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Help placing TV on wall

2ajsmama
14 years ago

I posted under another thread someone started about mounting a plasma on the wall, but have seen no replies so starting new thread. Hope nobody minds.

We just got our family gift, 42" Panny plasma.The mount is still in transit (1 state away), should have it Monday. DH and I took the TV out of the box and hooked it up today just to check it out, since both the top corners had the styrofoam all busted up in pieces. TV works great (bad pic with flash and contrast set low for first 100 hours). Our old stand isn't wide enough, but it sits only 1/2" below the window stool. Pedestal adds a couple inches, but TV still looks low to me esp. considering I ordered a tilt mount. If we're going to set it this low (bottom of screen 27-31" above floor) then we might as well just buy a new stand and use the pedestal instead of wall mounting. Though wall mounting might be more secure with 6-yo in house.

I'm really looking to get it up and against the wall, as far out of DD's reach as possible. This pic was taken sitting on the couch. How much higher do you think I can go? I was thinking top of TV level with where bottom of blinds are now (middle of upper sash)? That's another 11 inches, bottom of TV would be about 50" from floor, screen a little bit higher, so bottom 1/3 of screen would be about 58" from floor - back to where I was originally thinking, "eyelevel" when standing, not sitting?

Another question when we get the mount - can't see hole pattern (only 2 holes with plugs, plus the ones for pedestal) for bracket on back of TV. Anybody else ever mount a 42" Viera TC-42X1 using a Monoprice (no name?) mount?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions