Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How high is too high for a 46' TV

Posted by kellykids (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 23, 08 at 9:12

I just bought a 26" Sony Bravia and found a gorgeous furniture piece to put it on. It is 45" high. My room is about 21X15 and I have 8 foot ceilings. Do you think 45" is too tall to put the TV on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How high is too high for a 46' TV

In our house, we have our TVs at eye level when seated.
That works best for us!

o
RE: How high is too high for a 46' TV

I think 45 inches high is fine. Much higher and you may want to consider tilting it down a bit but I don't think that is necessary at 45 inches. I think my 46 inch Samsung is about 45 inches high and when in my recliner fully reclined, I only have to look slightly upward...not uncomfortable at all but rather plesant.

Is your Sony 26 or 46 inches? How far away do you sit? By todays standards, I think 46 inches is good to about 10-12 feet and 26 inches is good for your lap! (if you listen to them LOL!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here