Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ecdiskin_gw

help! how do i set up av equipment in a built-in?

ecdiskin
13 years ago

I'm not a professional designer or expert on AV equipment and I fear I've created a big problem! I wanted the look of a built-in for my tv/av equipment and spent big bucks to have it made, and now I'm sitting here in a panic b/c I'm wondering how I deal with wiring the components! I realize that we can set pieces in place and get them all hooked up before we push furniture completely into place, but once the basetrim is on and it's truely become "built-in" how do I add or replace a component in the future? It's not big enough that I can actually "climb in" and manipulate cords on the back of components. Is it assumed that you basically have to de-construct the piece somewhat in order to get to the back where all the cords are when these issues arise, or do I just get extra long cords before doing initial set up so that I can pull out AUX unit, for example (the hub) from the front and manipulate wiring that way?! I'm feeling like a big idiot not to have worried about this before...but it's done, so what now?!!! ANy help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions