Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
6 TV's in 6 different rooms...figuring out satellite dish...help!

Posted by nikkidan (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 22, 11 at 23:34

We plan to have 5-6 TV's in our new home. 3 on main floor (livingroom, master bedroom, and a hookup in the guest bedroom just in case). 3 upstairs (kids livingroom, sons bedroom, and daughters bedroom). Also considering a hook up above the corner pantry door in the kitchen.

We have Dish Network now, and planning to just do the dish mover with them and keep Dish Network. I've been told that I can get up to 3 duo-recievers. Each would run 2 TV's. That means one receiver would have to run a TV on each floor. Will the remote work to change the channel on a TV that is that far from the receiver?

I also need to determine which receiver will run which TV's. I'm going to have to call them again to get more info...I wonder how many single receivers I would be allowed?

Am I just planning on too many TV's? Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 6 TV's in 6 different rooms...figuring out satellite dish...h

BTW...regular cable Tv is not an option out in the country where we are building. We have to have a dish.

o

Ask your question on this forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: DBS Talk

o

We have dish network and a 2 story house. For a while, the dish receiver in the upstairs bedroom, operated a TV in there and also a small TV we had in the kitchen. The remote for the
receiver is RF and it had no problem controlling the receiver upstairs, which was quite a distance.

We have since, built in an entertainment center in our family room with a 52" Sharp Aquos, easily seen and heard from the kitchen, so we don't use that RF setup, anymore, except for the spare bedroom, and it still works well.

The RF controlled receiver is NOT HD, so hopefully they have such a receiver, but we don't really need the HD in the spare bedroom.

HTH's

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here