Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nikkidan_gw

Flat screen on wall...no fireplace

nikkidan
12 years ago

Having a bit of a dilemma. Starting to plan my furniture arrangement a bit. Our family room TV (55-70" LED...haven't decided on size yet) will be on a wall that is 17 feet wide. No fireplace...it just seemed a waste of $$ since we are just not the fireplace type. Then I got to thinking, if we don't have a fireplace, then the TV will look stupid up high. THEN after researching a bit, it seems general consensus is that it's not a good idea to put the TV up high like that. BUT, in the meantime, it's made me want a fireplace! Darnit! So anyways...maybe down the road we will put a fireplace in the corner.

But for now...can I put my TV on the wall at the correct viewing level (what is that?)...and what do I put around it? We have flat screens on the walls in our bedrooms now, but have always had a regular 36" TV in our livingroom in an entertainment unit. The unit we have is really nice, but won't fit the bigger TV we plan to get for the new house.

How is your TV wall arranged? Pics? Is the TV on the wall, or on a stand? We will probably just have the dish hooked up to this TV. The Xbox, etc will be on the kids TV in the upstairs family room. So the only wires on this one will be from the dish, as far as I know right now.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions