Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plasma Reliability, 6 Years Old

Posted by dadoes (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 6, 08 at 19:07

My Panasonic plasma panel is now 6 years 1 month old, no repairs or trouble.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plasma Reliability, 6 Years Old

The new plasma models boast an 100K hour lifespan as opposed to the 60K hour to half life of previous models . And they're thousands cheaper than they were 6 years ago . They're still the best display for overall picture quality , although I'd hate to have paid what one cost 6 years ago !

o

I wouldn't sweat being an old plasma owner at all.
My oldest plasma is a 8 year old Pioneer, it's been in my outdoor pavilion by the pool for about 5 years, the hour meter is nearing 50000.
I leave it on 24/7 and the only problems I've had were that the power supply went out, Pioneer warrantied the repair, and the Y drive went out, I paid for that repair.

See ya,
Kelly

o

Upping this thread to say that my plasma unit is now 10 years 6 months and no trouble with it.

o

Count your blessings, dadoes. My wife's twin sister is on their 3 plasma TV in about 7 years, like some other folks, her late husband thought they had a better picture.

My best friend had his repaired, (Power supply), but it went out a year later, so He replaced it with an LCD TV.

I bought my Sharp Aquos the same day another one of my friend's did, 7 years ago now, and neither has ever needed a service call and both still have great pictures.

I know this is just a small sampling, but I doubt we are unique in our experiences of Plasma vs LCD Reliability.

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here