Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So, how do I get rid of it?

Posted by DifferentDreamer (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 6, 11 at 18:11

Several years ago, DH bought a 60" rear projection HDTV for the master bedroom. Since then, back problems have resulted in not actually being able to sit in bed and watch TV. We never watch it, and we'd like to get rid of it.

I've currently got the tv listed on Craigslist, but it is a monster of a dinosaur.

Any tips on how I can get this thing sold?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So, how do I get rid of it?

In my area these are given away for free on craigslist. If you really want to get rid of it, try listing it for free.

o

Make sure you accurately describe the set and include pictures (preferably of the set "on" so that people know it works).

Price it appropriately, it's probably worth $50 to $100. Too expensive and folks won't want it. Too cheap and folks wonder what's wrong with it. You may also want to include "or best offer". If you (or a friend) are willing to help move it, say that. Otherwise make it clear they need to bring a helper.

If you simply want to dispose of it, I'd put it out on the curb as early before trash day as local ordinances allow. Then post a message in the free section saying it's there for the taking.

o

I agree, I tried to sell mine on craigslist and I got no response also. I decided to keep it until we can afford a better flat screen. You might want to just list it as a free TV.

o

Well, unbelievably, I sold it today, for what I was asking! I really didn't think it was going to go anywhere.

Woohoo!

o

good luck on selling it! glad you did!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here