Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to see why outdoor speaker doesn't work?

Posted by stash-hdy (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 24, 09 at 11:31

My outdoor speaker stopped working. What and how do I find what failed? The speaker, source or the wires.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to see why outdoor speaker doesn't work?

FIRST, check to make sure your source does not have a loose wire or a switch that turns off that speaker port. you can take a known good speaker and hook it to the wires at the source and if it works there hook everythign back normal and hook it up at the nonfunctional speaker. if it works, you have a bad speaker. if not, then you have bad wire. look for a rodent chewed area or a pinched spot where the house settled and the wire was pinched.

o

The speaker is ok, strange happening though. I have a speaker selector, when the selector is in a down position so I can check connections the speaker works. When I place the selector in a horizontal position back in its storage position pushing the wires back toward the wall it stops working. Seems I have a wire problem. Its a continous run to the speaker there may be a damage somewhere.

o

does the speaker still work with teh switch in the horizontal postion and NOT pushed back? if so then the damage is right there between the unit and the wall. if not, maybe the horizontal position is OFF?

o
update: how to see why outdoor speaker doesn't work?

The left side of the two outdoor speakers does not work when the speaker selector box is in a horizontal position. It works when I have the selector pulled out and down to check the connections but when I slide it back in place the speaker does not work. I changed out the wire to the left speaker yesterday and that did not resolve the issue. I also moved the speaker wires to an unused set of terminals and that did not resolve the issue. Acts the same. Installed new pin connectors and that did not resolve the issue. Very baffeled

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here