Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fireplace and big screen TV

Posted by amybo (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 19, 10 at 18:28

Our family room is about 15'*15' with only 1 blank solid wall. west side has all windows, north side is open to the kitchen, east side is the walk way to kitchen. So, we basically have 1 south side wall for the TV and fireplace.

I would like to have both large screen TV (like 60') and fireplace on that wall but can't find any fireplace that is low enough to make the viewing angle comfortable. We are just about to give up on having a fireplace in the family.

Does anyone have suggestions on the TV and fireplace placement that would look good and practical?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fireplace and big screen TV

No suggestions other than to read this thread. Flat screen TV over fireplace - ideas for making it look nice

For one thing, it seems to not be comfortable viewing it up that high. Then there are also other considerations.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Other posts about fireplaces

o

our family room is long and narrow (about 12 ft wide).
Here is how we handled that problem.
I designed this custom entertainment center and then had the same guy that built my kitchen cabinets build this.

It cost me about $4500.00. That is a Direct vent valor fireplace with remote control and a 52" Sharp Aquos TV.

The surround of the fireplace is Onyx and it is backlit.
We like the fireplace up higher , like you see, as the heat hits us right where we need it.

Good Luck!!

Gary

Family Room Mar 2007

o

Dodge59 that is such a nice setup! I am jealous :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here