Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DVDs look dark

Posted by paulns (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 16, 06 at 18:06

Got a couple of DVDs for the first time - March of the Penguins and Monk - and they show dark/too high contrast on the DVD player, which is installed in the computer tower. Nephew said (by phone, from another province) that it sounded like a setting on the video card needed adjustment, and to do Gamma correction in video properties. I've tried various adjustments, got the gamma as high as it would go and it's still too dark - you can see most of the scenes but they are quite dark/high contrast, and night or underground scenes on Monk are impossible.

Anybody have/had this problem? Any ideas what I can do? Very frustrated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DVDs look dark

Adjust your monitor settings.

o

Aha! No, actually, turning the monitor setting to maximum brightness was the first thing I tried....

o

What type of monitor do you have? Does the picture look dark all the time or only with the DVD?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here