Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
whole house audio revisited (problem)

Posted by tracey_b (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 29, 12 at 15:14

I love(d) my Logitech Squeezebox Duet for streaming Pandora through my whole house audio system, but lately it will only stay on anywhere from 5 mins to 1 hour. It's so aggravating. Sometimes it won't even finish the first song before stopping.

It was working fine (sometimes it would time-out after a couple of hours, but that I could live with) until I signed up for Time Warner Cable Signature home and faster internet (which would require their combo modem / router). It was after getting the Squeezebox hooked up to the new router that the problem started, but can't figure out why. My internet connection (wireless) with my iPad, iPhone, computer is perfectly fine, so I don't think it could be that???

Anyway, wondering if any of you guys with the Squeezebox had a similar problem? And yes, I have asked in the AV forum and didn't get any help.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: whole house audio revisited (problem)

Are you using WiFi or a wired Ethernet connection to the Squeezebox from the modem/router? Wired is always going to be better compared to WiFi regardless of what may have worked before.

Even if inconvenient to try a wired connection - it's a necessary step in troubleshooting. The wired connection eliminates the encryption and security issues.

Another thing to consider is that cable ISPs have been attempting to throttle connections to OTT (over the top) service providers (i.e. Netflix and others). Internet audio/video providers are in direct competition to cable companies own special interests.

o
RE: whole house audio revisited (problem)

It's currently using wifi, but I'll definitely try hooking it up through the cat5. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here