Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harmony Remote Not Working

Posted by chisue (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 23, 10 at 11:50

I can't get our new Harmony 670 to work properly.

The only function it ALWAYS controls is "Off".

It NEVER changes the TV to the correct function.

It SOMETIMES turns on the DVD player. It SOMETIMES permits me to work with the prompts within a DVD movie (Captioning, top menu, etc.).

It SOMETIMES turns on the tuner and SOMETIMES contols volume.

I need it to control these:

Sony Bravia KDL40EX500 (new)
Yamaha HTR 5460 tuner (2001)
Toshiba SD7000 DVD player (2004)
DirecTV HR20-1003 satelite box (2009)
Nintendo Wii (new)

Working with the tuner's "Help" button I can get it to do better, but of course that doesn't 'teach' the control anything. I'm changing TV input with the TV's remote.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harmony Remote Not Working

Not quite sure how this can be a "new" remote as it is a 4 year old discontinued product. But, the first thing I would do is replace the batteries with brand new Duracell alkaline batteries, reprogram, and try again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here