Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flat screen TV cable box

Posted by mjrdolfan (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 07 at 11:44

Hi

We are putting a flat screen TV on our wall and we cannot seem to figure out what to do with the cable box.

Where do you all have the box located.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flat screen TV cable box

Wall hung TVs require remotely located associated equipment including the cable/dish/FIOS box, DVD, receiver, etc.

Some place the equipment out of sight in a nearby closet or within sight in a cabinet. How to accomplish this and provide for the future as well as right now is the interesting part. It is not safe to just run cables because they keep changing. It is best to run a big conduit in the wall from behind the TV to the equipment area. You might need an IR repeater or RF remote control.

Some TV's have a cable card slot and you can get a card from your cable TV company to plug into it. This can eliminate the box if you don't want DVR or the program guide.

o
RE: flat screen TV cable box

I have an LCD mounted on the wall in my kitchen. In this situation I put the cable box up in the attic, I control it thru IR hardware.

I also mounted an LCD on the wall in my bedroom, but the wall is shared with the closet. I was able to put the cable box on a shelf in the closet, leaving the closet door opened a bit allows the remote to work flawlessly without IR equipment.

So as you can see, it all depends on the particular situation.

If you post pictures or a layout of the room it will be easier for us to give advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here