Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pool side music

Posted by masterchief (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 08 at 23:23

We would like to have music poolside, yet we are not too sure what would be the best method? We are looking for an aesthetically pleasing solution; one that blends in to the area.

We are fairly new, so we do not even know where to start, so
if anyone has any starting tips or suggestions please let us know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pool side music

they make many types of outdoor speakers. you cna get ones that look like a rock, you cna get under eave speakers, you can hide them in shrubs or trees. as to the controller itself, it will have to go inside somewhere. get a unit with a RF remote so that it will work thru walls. a standard IR remote will not.

o

thank you david for the response, the RF remote is the step in the plan that we were missing.

o

At my pool I bought a marine radio/cd player. It has an "aux" in, which is used for attaching an ipod. It also has a remote control which is waterproof and floats.

The marine radio is 12vdc, so I bought an inverter to convert the ac line voltage to 12vdc.

I installed two pairs or speakers.

The sound is great, the ipod attachment really makes it versatile in terms of music, especially when my kids have pool parties. Anyone can plug in their ipod and get their Favorite music mix going.

My original plan was to hook up the system to my home stereo, as I have a massive cd collection loaded in several 400-cd daisy chained cd jukeboxes.

This setup was much less expensive, less prone to drop-offs, and much easier to install.

JBL marine radio which I got for about $250.

Yamaha NS-AW570 speakers were the best ones I found that didn't have a whole lot of bass drop of outdoors. Great dynamic range on these. $90 a pair.

Inverter, simply lug it in to and AC outlet and wire the marine radio's 12v wires to the screws on the sied. Easy. $35.

I built what almost looks like a little bird house to house the inverter and radio, it's mounted on a post at the pool patio. It has a storage shelf for CDs and a pullout shelf to hold an ipod.

Total outlay was about $500.

Works great, and sounds fabulous.

Mongo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here