Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on Console for large Plasma TV

Posted by bstnjohn (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 08 at 20:29

Finally made my decision and I'm going with a 50" 1080 Panasonic Plasma TV. Now the hard part! Want to wall mount it over a 60 inch console. Have found many units that I like (sharp, modern lines in dark color) but have trouble finding a matching audio rack (would prefer tall unit with glass doors). Are audio racks getting outdated and maybe I need to settle for the console for the audio and TV equipment? I hate bending down for the equipment which is why I like a rack. I'm more concerned about getting this decision right than I was in buying the TV. Comments, suggestions and/or pics are appreciated.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on Console for large Plasma TV

i don't know what to tell you. we put our 42" on teh wall last year and still use an old stereo cabinet for the components because i cannot find what i want around here.

good luck!

o

Photobucket

I found a buffet in an antique store. I know it isn't dark, and modern, but I hope may give you inspiration for other places to look, for what you want.

o

Now that you will have the big TV, be sure to get a Sony Playstation 3 to go with it. I don't have the 1st game for mine...use it for it's Blue-Ray player, the wireless Internet capability (if you have a wireless router in your home), the ability to use the PS3 to display my photos onscreen and produce an instant print of one (you need one of several Epson printers it supports to do this), play my mp3 collection, and just having a cool-looking device next to the TV,.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here