Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help mounting speaker on stand

Posted by dang0001 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 07 at 18:26

Hey All,

I'm just bought Sanus Systems speaker stands for my Boston Acoustics speakers. Everything seems pretty straightforward, except for one thing: the system for mounting the speakers onto the stand doesn't seem all that secure.

My options are brass speaker studs or neoprene speaker pads. The instructions at http://www.sanus.com/pdf/manualEN/NFOins_111904.pdf don't really explain how to do either of them. Neither one really seems to securely attach the speakers so they can't fall off.

Can some kind soul please help me out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help mounting speaker on stand

Pretty much any way of securely attaching the speakers to the stands will require a somewhat-invasive treatment of the speaker. You could bolt the speakers to the stands, but this would require putting holes in the bottom of your speakers (if holes aren't already present). Or you could use something like the tape that's used to attach metal fenders to truck bodies. But that probably will take a layer off whatever the speaker cabinet is made out of if you ever need to remove it from the stand.

I'm not entirely sure you want to bolt them together anyway. Speaker stands like those (and like mine) are not the most stable structures and the same forces which would knock a speaker off a stand likely will topple a speaker bolted to a stand. It's just that much more to fall and damage things on the way down. I don't have kids or pets (yet) which could hit the speaker/stand inadvertantly; if/when that happens, I'll have to figure out how to move the stands out of harm's way so that is less likely to happen. Or go for floor-standing speakers. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here