Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
damaged screen on samsung lcd tv

Posted by drowsyram (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 08 at 13:40

We bought a 52" Samsung LCD TV using some money my late aunt left me. While installing it, my husband LEANED THE SCREEN AGAINST THE CORNER OF A SPEAKER!!!! Sorry about the yelling. It just makes me so MAD! Anyway...it made three little spots on the screen, and the next morning vertical lines started going up and down the screen from the little holes. They're now about one foot long and have "thickened" up to be about one inch wide. Grrrrrrrrrrr.........

My insurance wouldn't cover it. Our MasterCard wouldn't cover it even though we thought it had that coverage and was the reason we used the card in the first place. Samsung gave us the name of a repairman in our area. I contacted him and it would cost us $2,000 to fix it!!! $300 for the labor and $1,700 for the screen. Heck, we paid $2,800 for it. Might as well buy another brand new one.

So does anyone out there have any ideas for how to fix this problem? Help Please!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: damaged screen on samsung lcd tv

get a new screen or a new tv. he cracked the display and there is no other fix.

LCD=Liquid Crystal Display. the "liquid" is leaking out to put it in laymans terms.

BTW, tell your husband that warranty/insurance/MC won't cover stupidity. and that is exactly how they look at it.

o

Is it too late to purchase the extended warranty?

o

Like the previous poster said , no warranty or insurance covers consumer mistakes like that. They may have had some recourse with the retailer if they fibbed a bit and said it came that way out of the box , but only if it wasn't opened and inspected at the store before delivery like most new sets are these days . I can't even imagine why someone would lean the screen surface of an expensive tv against a sharp object . Consider it lesson learned and get someone who knows what they are doing to install the next set .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here