Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tkstock_gw

Seeking layout suggestions

tkstock
9 years ago

So we are not fond of our current media setup in our den (our primary room for watching TV). I've got an idea of what to do, but am seeking suggestions.

Our current setup features a corner TV setup opposite the garage door, with a couch along the blank wall and two chairs on either side of couch angled in.

My thought is to install a new flat-panel TV over the fireplace (with a hollow mantle to run wires) and have some sort of cabinet to the left of the fireplace. I've attached a drawing of the walls / door layout.

I'm debating about doing a custom cabinet with the mantle attached so I can run the wires directly into the cabinet - but don't know if that will look goofy. Or, I could have a freestanding cabinet and run the wires back into the wall and come back out by the cabinet.

My other thought was to put the TV on the blank wall - but the fireplace is a focus point too. Plus, we may take out that wall eventually.

If we do the TV over the fireplace, we may replace existing couch / chairs with a sectional in an L shape coming away from blank wall.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Comments (5)