Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceiling-mounted remote controlled retractable TV mounts

Posted by msubobcat (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 27, 08 at 12:49

Hello all: My family is in the process of building a Mediterranean style home on a beautiful water-front lake lot. I have a question for you large screen TV buffs out there. Our family room will have three walls of windows overlook this gorgeous open water view. The only remaining side is open to the kitchen. Our dilemma is that we have no wall for a large screen TV, unless we sacrifice some of the precious water view and we hesitate doing that. Have any of you seen or know of remote-controlled ceiling-mounted retractable mounts for large screen TVs? This would allow the TV to be retracted up into the ceiling when not in use by a remote control. My builder says that this is probably our only solution, and knows these mounts are "out there", but we haven't been able to find them...yet. Anyone know about these?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceiling-mounted remote controlled retractable TV mounts

Here is a link to the only such device I have found. I haven't purchased it yet so I have no information on how well it works. Since it is my understanding that they are relatively expensive, I suspect the manufacturer rep can provide info on sales or customer feedback.

Here is a link that might be useful: CM2C40 Automated Flat Panel Ceiling Lift

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here