Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hdmi

Posted by kwhoughton (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 08 at 18:41

I have a TV with four HDMI connections. I know that I want to run HDMI from my cable box to the TV and I want to run HDMI from my DVD the TV and perhaps something else. I need to run inside the wall and was wondering if I should just use one HDMI cable and put in a switch box or should I run a cable to the TV for each device? Along with one or two for possible expansion?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hdmi

My suggestion is an auto-switchbox (takes several sources and outputs one cable to the TV). The box automatically switches the feed when the source is turned on. The idea behind this is that you don't have to use the TV remote to switch input sources...something that can be difficult for any non-techies in your household. With the auto-switcher, all they have to do is make sure the source they are using (cable box, dvd, game console) is the only device that's powered up and the TV will work with it without further fiddling...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here