Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cat_herder

Please help with speaker locations.

cat_herder
17 years ago

We're building a house (as many of you know from my sob stories and questions in the other forums) and I'm trying to locate the rear speakers of my home theater system (DD5.1), to run the wire through the walls b4 sheetrock goes up. The room is a rectangle - 22' (E-W) x 20'(N-S). The ent. center will be in the NE corner, facing SW. I have a 36" tv, but will be getting a 51-61" Sumsung in the not-too-distant future. I need to locate the rear spkrs. Using the 90-110 degree rule, and the 2:1 seat-screensize distance ratios, I locate the rear spkrs right smack in the NW and SE corners. Everything I've read says not to put the rears in corners. The only alternative (because of big windows) is to have them moved toward the SW corner 6 feet. (eg. slide the right-rear 6' to the west, and slide the left-rear 6' to the south.) So, the question is, do I put them at 105-110 degrees but in the corners, or at about 130-135 degrees, on a wall?

(a quick answer to a question someone will ask - there is no way I'll ever move the seating back far enough for the 130 degree location to fall within 90-110. I'd have to be all the way across the room, in a walking area. Even after I upgrade screen size, it won't be near 110 degrees.)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions