Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
herus_gw

Pool table question

herus
17 years ago

Hello, forgive me if this is not the right place to post this. I usually hang around the kitchen forum, being in the middle of a redo there. But I figured, home entertainment, games are entertaining, so...

We have a ping-pong table in the basement now, and the kids use it regularly. They have also expressed interest in learning to play pool, but I have chosen to stay with the PP table for reasons of space and cost.

I just noticed this item at Costco, the Minnesota Fats Pool table with PP topper (see link). Very good price, but I guess at this price you don't get slate. (MDF instead)

So, my question is, for the purpose of teaching the kids pool (I am quite good though from long ago, not sure if I would enjoy this but will play for the kids' sake and will make time to do so), is this an okay table? On a scale of 1-10 in playability (keeping in mind the type of usage it will get), is this bad or acceptable?

One reason for not spending too much is that I simply don't know if the kids will take to the new game, in which case I don't want to waste money.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pool table at Costco

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets
More Discussions