Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
42' flat TV in a 46' space?

Posted by leibrook (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 16, 06 at 1:14

The entertainment center niche in our new house measures About 46". I am trying to figure what size flat screen, mounted on an arm, will fit. I am thinking a 42" is the max. I will check the dimensions, but wanted to ask the group. I would like a 31"H cabinet underneath the flat screen to house equipment. Do you think this would be too high to have the TV mounted over the 31"H cabinet? Thanks.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 42' flat TV in a 46' space?

Keep in mind that displays are generally measured in inches DIAGONALLY (from corner to opposite corner). This usually does not include surrounding cabinet, but manufacturers are always stretching the inch ;-) to make their displays specs seem larger than they may actually be. At any rate just be sure you measure the horizontal and vertical space you have, and be sure the display you intend to put there will fit. Remember, ventilation is important for electronics.

Always an. . .Angel

o
RE: 42' flat TV in a 46' space?

Some 42's will fit, some won't. It depends if they have the speakers on the sides or on the bottom. I was trying to find one to fit in a 47" opening and found this to be the case.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here