Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vizio vs samsung

Posted by hellpaso (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 07 at 0:14

we wamt to get a large screen lcd--do you have any insight into what would be the best 52 inch lcd????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vizio vs samsung

I also saw a Vizio at Sears that was for a great price in a 32" size despite wanting a 26" LCD size. I was wondering what the quality also was. I wish it was a one tone TV since it is black and silver. I am also wondering if the 1200 contrast ratio will be enough or it is worth spending more to get Samsung or Sony or Toshiba or Sharp?

o

we have a 32 inch vizio lcd that we got about 6 months ago for around $700 and it is really fantastic. we got that one at sam's. vizio's biggest lcd is a 47 inch, i think, and the samsung we're looking at is a 52.

o
hellpaso, RE: vizio vs samsung

hellpaso, Thank you so much for posting this since I am really considering the Vizio since I love the zoom and freeze feature it has, the good reviews, how the speakers are under the LCD to make it taller and not wider and the $600 price at Sears. I am also considering a Toshiba Regza that is only $180 more that has had wonderful reviews. I just never dreamed I would be paying so much for a TV.

How is the sound quality and the remote? Any negative things about the Vizio or is it as nice as it sounds to be.

o

i honestly have no problems at all with the vizio. the picture and sound are great, not just on the hd channels, but on the regular ones as well. as for price--lol--i remember paying nearly 2k for a 26 inch sony console back in the early eighties!!

o
hellpaso- RE: vizio vs samsung

Thank you hellpaso for letting me know about your Vizio and also for reminding me the price could be worse for the LCD I want to buy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here