Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Speaker Placement for multiple watching configurations

Posted by Fynite (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 17:28

We have a minor dilemma about where to put our speakers.

Our TV is mounted on the short wall of our 10 x 18 foot dining area. To the right of the TV is the 8 x 18 foot kitchen, which is seperated from the dining area by a table height peninsula. The end of the dining area opposite the TV is open onto the 14' x 17' living room, seperated by a drop beam.

About half the time, the TV is angled 45 degrees so I can watch it while I cook or clean in the kitchen, the rest of the time it is flat and I watch it from inside the dining area, or sometimes from the living room. My wife most often watches from the computer desk, which is almost right under the beam into the living room.

My plan is to put the center speaker on the bookshelf below the TV, the two front satelite speakers to the right and left above the TV angled down. The subwoofer will go on the floor to the left of the TV between the book shelf and the entertainment center. So the question is, where should the two rear satelite speakers go? On the beam between the living room and dining area facing the TV? On the rear wall of the living room? (which will involve a ridiculous run of wiring.) Somewhere else entirely? Or should we just scratch the whole thing and just use the TV's built in speakers which is what we are doing now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here