Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Home Theater Setup HELP!

Posted by hdmont (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 19, 06 at 11:49

Just starting to finish our basement. Looking at hanging a plasma TV on the wall, would like surround sound mounted in the ceiling. I really need some help getting started. We will need to brace the wall for the TV mount, looking for suggestions where to place the DVD player, Comcast HD box, etc. while TV is mounted. Need some surround sound help too. Will be running wire in the walls. Currently looking at Samsung 42" High Definition Plasma HDTV, thoughts??? What brand audio (speakers/receiver) should I go with? How do I set the room up for best sound (speaker placement)? Any suggestions would be great, any photos of existing setups would be great too!

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Home Theater Setup HELP!

hi hdmont

What size room is it? What is your budget for speakers/reciver? What do you watch/listen to mostly? Since it is a basement I presume its a fairly large room. Most ppl who buy 42" seem to upgrade to 50" fairly quickly.

Have you considered installing a projector?

If you want I can give you detailed suggestions over phone.

o

The area is larger, but where we want the set up is approx 10' x 13'. No, not looking for a projector, just some good sound and a nice plasma screen.

o

hdmont...answers to my other questions will be helpful for me to make suggestions. I assume your TV will be on the 10' side?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here