Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HDMI Wire

Posted by jeannie01 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 9, 10 at 10:27

Where is the best and least expensive place to purchase HDMI wire for my tv?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HDMI Wire

I recommend monoprice and bluejeans cable.

o

Thanks BUT - all the electrician said was that I needed a 30ft. HDMI cable...The site has many, many to choose from.
How do I know which one to pick??

o

I clicked on the bluejeans link. The front page says the BJC Belden Series-F2 HDMI Cable is good for short distances and the BJC Belden Series-1 Bonded-Pair HDMI Cable is best for long runs.

You have a long run, so I'd get the latter. They have a 30' cable.

FWIW I have the same cable but 50'. No issues ever.

o

Hi,

HDMI is an expensive cable even though how short or long it is. You can try shop through the internet. They'll be posting some prices for their valued customers.

[url=http://givingplants.com]Sympathy Plants[/url] :
[url=http://givingplants.com]Plant Gifts[/url] :
[url=http://givingplants.com]Send Plants[/url]

o

by the way...ALL hdmi cables are the same! No matter how much you spend it doesnt matter! With HDMI either you have audio/video or you dont! It is a digital signal, not analog... So if you spend $25 or $100 there is no signal degridation! You can get good HDMI cables from www.partexpress.com or try ebay...

o

"by the way...ALL hdmi cables are the same! No matter how much you spend it doesnt matter!"

Not necessarily true. While digital either "works" or it "doesn't work", some cables are better than others and are better at passing the bandwidth than others, especially when it comes to longer cable lengths.

If you have a 3' cable, sure, use whatever you can get. You won't see the shortcomings of lesser cable in a very short run unless you tie it in knots.

In longer runs, which this poster had (30'), a higher quality cable with better bonded pair wiring can serve you versus a shorter cable which may not work at all, or may work intermittently. It'll survive any bending better, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here