Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IR remote control repeater

Posted by ostrander (My Page) on
Fri, May 19, 06 at 21:12

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with IR repeaters?
I'd like to be able to use my remote control with components in a closed cabinet...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IR remote control repeater

Very bad luck with cheap walmart RCA brand repeater very good luck with a Xantech kit. Look at the Xantech 291-KIT for a inexpensive solution with four IR repeaters. If you need more repeaters then your better off buying seperate components. Link included to the Kit ~$90

Here is a link that might be useful: Xantech 291-KIT

o

Perhaps this is what I've been searching for. We just put up a new plasma TV and want to house the cable box and dvd player in a cabinet behind closed doors. I've been trying to research a solution, but I had no idea what the device was called or if there even was one. So I am looking for a repeater?

o

Yes an IR repeater would allow you to do that.

o

Be careful with the Plasma TV and IR repeaters. You will need to get Xantech's shielded version, which is more expensive than the regular one. Your plamsa outuput will screw with the IR receiver otherwise.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here