Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'free' analog TV from hi speed internet?

Posted by thomasdean (My Page) on
Thu, May 11, 06 at 16:49

how can I improve the reception from my hi speed internet cable [the actual physical cable not cable TV], when i connect it to the TV???
I have satellite TV, but would like to view the cable[from internet service-comcast] TV in other room thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'free' analog TV from hi speed internet?

OK, I think I kinda understand.
You're subscribed for high-speed internet service.
But since the cable co. can't disable the cable TV signal, you're getting it for free (albeit not very well).

Other than trying a new peice of coax, I'm not sure what else to recommend. Maybe call the cable company? heeheehee!

o

There are many illegal decriptors out there on the internet, which I know you have access too, However it would be theft.

o

Another option:
Get a splitter and split off signal from your tv that gets satellite and attach to the other tvs.
Then, hook up a radio frequency remote controller to the satellite box. The other tv's become a "slave" to the first tv but you can control it from a different room using the radio frequency remote. One caveat - you can't watch two different shows with only one box using this setup.

o

If the picture is scrambled you probably have a trap on your line that blocks the TV signal. I've had Comcast internet in several locations and they have done this to me once. Sometimes the installer puts it on, sometimes they don't. Short of removing the trap if you have access to the outside box, which is very risky there isn't anything you can do. Even an illegal box as someone mentioned won't help as that whole frequency range is filtered out. The best way around this is to subscribe to their basic cable. Internet is $10 more a month if you don't subscibe to cable TV as well and the basic cable is $10 so its a wash. This will give you locals and a few more, but thats it because they can also put a trap on the line for this that will filter the expanded basic channels. In my case they didn't put the trap on so I get channels 2-99 and from what I hear its a well known secret that they rarely do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here