Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A back yard wedding, what should I rent?

Posted by JesseConant (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 23:01

Hi all,
Okay so My fiance and I are getting married in August and we plan to have the ceremony up town in this beautiful Church. Then we could not figure out where to have our reception. Then we realized as w were closing on the house we just bought that we have a huge back yard (two acres to be exact) and we should just rent a tent and have it back there. We figured it save our selves the hassle just have a back yard BBQ -pig roast, salad, potatoes, all the goods that someone would have at a BBQ. But when looking at the things to rent we saw that they have beautiful linens and such and I need help.

The question is:
If I am going to go with a back yard reception with BBQ as the food should I just use biodegradable tableware,plastic table cloths, paper plates and plastic utensils even tho it will look really tacky?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A back yard wedding, what should I rent?

Rent a tent and maybe a few fans, tables, tablecloths, chairs, plates and utensils. You can buy paper napkins or price cloth napkins to rent them. Using plastic utensils cheapens the best of foods, however, there are some really good quality plastic utensils and plates if you search for them. If you have to go with the plastic plates and utensils, do go with cloth tablecloths. They are so much classier than plastic tablecloths. I do not like drinking out of plastic as the feel of the plastic rim on my lips drives me nuts and plastic changes the flavor of the drink. Rent the glasses instead. When renting glasses, you get the glasses in the actual dish washing trays they use in their dishwasher. They are all there neatly and when you return them, they go back in these plastic trays. We just left them outside and hosed them down to keep the bugs at bay. It was so convenient!!

The best thing to do is google ""sturdy plastic tableware"" and do some price checking with the biodegradable tableware companies. Some places will send sample plastic ware for free or for a small fee--well worth it.

o
RE: A back yard wedding, what should I rent?

You will have to rent tables, linens, and chairs. Costco or places like that have beautiful plastic/looks-like-silver sets for cheap, and also they have silver rimmed plastic plates.

We did purchase personalized wine glasses with our name and the date on them, and told guests they could take them. Most didn't and we now have a ton of wine glasses! LOL! But they are glass. A trip through the dishwasher preserved them for all parties future!

A caterer was our big expense, and our happy relief. They made sure things flowed, and the compliments were all good. I hope you have somebody running the BBQ and running the CD player. It's your day, and you should not be bothered with that!

Suzi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here