Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hulu, Amazon, Netflex or?????

Posted by dodge59 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 22:56

Due to all the commercials, lack of programming that DH and I care for, Dish pricing and the "freaking bundles" they make you take to just get HDTV, DIY, AEG, Velocity and some of the Nature Programs, we are seriously considering On-line TV.

Have any of you folks tried On-line TV?
If so, which one, and how do you like it?
We are not into movies and "entertainment shows" as you may have guessed from the previous paragraph.

We have a very fast internet connection, (Clear Modem).

I have many friend that are ready to"make the switch" too.

I am also considering getting Dish network's new system that eliminates commercials, but this still does not solve programming and price problems.

Thanks for any inputs!!!

Gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hulu, Amazon, Netflex or?????

It's certainly an option but understand that no one provider is likely give you every show you want to watch. You may need Netflix for one program and Hulu for another. Depending on the show(s), there's no guarantee they're immediately after regular broadcast. I have a co-worker with Netflix and there's a show he likes but only seasons 1 and 2 are available, he'll have to wait for season 3.

You might also want to check with your ISP to see if there are any caps on data usage.

o

Thanks for the input Mike.
I should have typed DW, oh well.

Yes I've read a lot about the top 3, Hulu, net flex and Amazon.

None have the golf channel that I watch a lot, nor the Velocity channel, alto I can get shows directly from Velocity, albeit not the latest ones.

Clear Modem is wireless 4 G and had has no limits on download speed or the amount of downloads, alto they do limit the upload (send speed) but still pretty fast.

Have to keep searching and find as many reviews as I can.

Thanks again!

Gary

o

I just recently updated my Cox cable to include HBO. Was not getting all the channels -called in and the helpful person on the line suggested I download, (and did) for free some ipad apps as well as some apps that allow me to watch even more free movies via my wireless connection. They were accessible thru my ipad app store. HBO GO, TV Connect (via Cox) and of course I could access many more hbo channels thru the on demand channel (channel 1) thru cox cable. ALL this for $5.00 a month.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here