Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
naturelle_gw

quality of cable reception

naturelle
18 years ago

I wonder if somebody could answer this. I have cable service for television. The service here provides a digital cable box, although I do not subscribe to digital. I understand that this is OK.

I have had problems with the reception the past month or so. The reception of a few stations is poor. The picture is scrambled and there are pauses. Sometimes there is nothing but a blue screen. The incoming service comes overhead from the street main cable which feeds the neighbourhood. The cable system may be very old, as this is an old neighbourhood, and the cable provider is notoriously pathetic.

I'm wondering, as well as the condition of service cables, if the quality and strength of the signal could also be compromised by the number of subscribers who are tied into the service. Is it the same as phone and internet service, which is thusly affected? Although the reception is horrible at all times, it seems to be worse during the weekends. Is it true that they could increase the signal if they were willing to do so, but they scrimp for economic reasons?

I'm going to switch to satellite as soon as I get more settled in other things I have going on. I'm sure there are detractors of satellite, but believe me the cable situation is not going to improve. I have phoned technical support many times and they can't or won't help.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ted

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms
More Discussions