Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new hdtv technology by sony

Posted by haroula (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 16, 06 at 18:54

Has anyone purchased the new SONY WEGA TV with their new SXRD technology? I wonder what other people think of the silicon display technology for high resolution HD. I am shopping for a big size one and I only knew of LCD, DLP and plasma.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new hdtv technology by sony

I don't know SXRD technology but the Sony KDL-V32XBR1 flat panel LCD TV gets a very nce review in the May/June issue of Home Entertainment magazine.

o

A great Sony resource: www.agoraquest.com
I used those forums a lot when researching my tv purchase a year ago (Sony LCD).

- Rob

o

SXRD isn't new... been around since 2003 in their high-end Qualia models. It's just another version of a rear-projection LCD, albeit with smaller and more densely packed pixels. SXRD technology is Sony's answer to Texas Instruments' DLP (digital light processing) technology.

You hvae to decide if you want the expense and hassles of lamp replacement or not with that or DLP, and go from there.

o

If you want a micro-display HDTV the SXRD is the best one out there. The SXRD has gotten rave reviews on C-net as well as various HD magazines, etc.

o

I have the 50" SXRD and the reviews are right, it is the best looking projection TV ever tested. 3 of my friends have purchased them after seeing mine. I see no hassle in changing a $200 bulb every approx 8,000 hours. It's well worth it to have the best TV. DLP doesn't look nearly as good as the SXRD, and regular LCD projo's are a joke in comparison. I work part time at Sears and the SXRD haunted me all the time, so after I bought my X-Box 360 I decided I had to have a HDTV for it, so the SXRD was the only TV I would have considered. If I couldn't have bought the SXRD I would not have bought a HDTV.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here