Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hiding Cable Box etc.

Posted by ross11 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 20, 09 at 10:03

Hello,
I have a wall mounted LCD in my bedroom. I would like to put the DVD / Cable Box / TIVO in the bedroom closet across the room instead of on the dresser. I can probably get wires up to the attic, then down into the closet. It could be about 40 feet of wire with the ups and downs. Can anyone explain how I would make this work and what wires i would need to run?
Is there a better way?
Thanks for your advice and suggestions!
Brian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hiding Cable Box etc.

you can do it, BUT if the box is not RF enabled you will have to be able to see it to operate it with teh remote.

o
RE: Hiding Cable Box etc.

Check out this link.
http://www.iautomate.com/ir250.html

I installed this and for the most part have been pleased. However, at times it doesn't work as you would expect.

A friend has something similar with no wires. It sends a signal to a station in his garage and then that signal is transfered to a device similar to the ir250 that then operates the components. Do you want me to get the name?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here