Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm buying LCDs and plasmas for large rooms and need help

Posted by kaytee1968 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 07 at 0:19

New construction - I am purchasing a 42" LCD for my 20 X 20 bedroom, 46" or 48" LCD for same size family room which is open to kitchen, and a plasma in upstairs family room. My question is what do I need to do about sound for these tv's? I have heard that they don't give off good sound so you need to buy speakers. Security guys say they can put four speakers in each of those rooms in the ceiling, is that all that I need?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm buying LCDs and plasmas for large rooms and need help

Well....

First off, the security guys are apparently clueless.

Putting four speakers in the ceiling makes NO sense at all....NONE.

There are a lot ot things that I, as a pro in the AV business, would want to know.

1. Wall mounting?

2. Want/need surround sound?

3. Cable or satellite?

4. DVD (at one or all)?

5. Any existing AV gear that you would "like" to keep using?

6. Would you want distributed Audio?

7. Would you want distributed video?

Surely there is a true systems integration firm in your area? A company that specializes in AV installations rather than security installations?

o

Okay, since I don't know anything about half of the things you asking, I have some research to do. I know I don't want anything wall mounted, I was assuming the ceiling flush speakers were for surround sound, I will have DVD at all tvs and will be using cable, not sure about the last 3.

o

If the ceiling speakers, flush or otherwise, are for surround they are in the wrong place. Unless there is absolutely no other possiility. And that would be extremely rare....

But four in each room? I have no idea what that is all about. Nothing like having the monologue coming from somewhere other than the TV location.

Please do contact a pro...

I can see this becoming a nightmare. Tabletop/countetop with several remotes and a miserable family...

The screams of "help me turn the d*** TV on" every other day....All to common....lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here