Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TV Remote Help.....please...anyone?

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 23, 10 at 18:17

My tv remote was dropped while I was watching a DVD and is now really broken (where it was just cracked before). I have a new Universal remote, but I can't get the TV out of Video mode and back to regular cable TV so I can search for the codes so I can get back to tv.

Maybe it is crazy to ask for help with this, but I don't know what else to do and there is no one here to help.

I would appreciate any assistance anyone could give me.

Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
new remote

Looks like the only fix is a new remote from the TV manufacturer. At $34 that's cheaper than a new TV.

o
RE: TV Remote Help.....please...anyone?

Teresa,

Understand that the code is for the remote, not the TV. So once you program the remote it should work regardless of how the TV is set.

Another option might be one of the Harmony remotes where you program it from your computer. Basically you connect the remote to your computer via a USB cable, go to a website, input you TV, and it takes care of getting it programmed correctly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here